- 123.hp.com »
- HP Photosmart 6520 Says Offline
HP Photosmart 6520 Says Offline
Clicked Print. But the HP Photosmart 6520 printer says offline. What should I do now?The above question swarms in many minds…Well, the Printer Offline message is received by many when trying to print a document from their computer to the printer. So, you’re not alone. We have covered some easy-to-advanced troubleshooting methods that will help you clear the Printer Offline problem on your HP Photosmart 6520 printer.
HP Photosmart 6520 Offline – Solved
Let’s begin the troubleshooting process using these simple methods.
- First, ensure that your HP printer is turned on. Also, make sure that your printer is not in sleep mode.
- Next, check if your Windows or Mac computer (that you’re using) is connected to the printer. If not, connect it and then try to print the document.
- Ensure that the input tray has enough paper and that the cartridges are installed properly into their slots.
- Update the printer driver and firmware if available.
- Check and reconfigure the print settings if they are misconfigured, and print a test page.
- Check your printer status on the Windows computer. If it is offline, check and disable the Use Printer Offline option to bring your printer back online.
If the HP Photosmart 6520 printer says offline again, this is the time to try the advanced methods.
HP Photosmart 6520 Offline – 2 Best Methods
Perform these two methods in the order given below. After performing one method (assigning manual IP and DNS addresses), try to print a test page. If the HP Photosmart 6520 printer says offline again, try the next method.
Assign Manual Ip And Dns Addresses
- You can only assign the manual IP and DNS addresses to your printer from its EWS page. You need to know about your printer’s IP address to access its EWS page. Tap on the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, the screen displaying the printer’s IP address will open. Note it down.
- Open a web browser on the computer (that is connected to your printer). Type the printer’s IP address in the search field and tap Enter.
- Now, the HP Photosmart 6520 printer’s EWS page will open.
- Go to the Network section on the opened page. Locate your network type on the left-hand side of the screen and choose the IP configuration below it.
- For example, if your connection type is Wi-Fi, go to the Wireless section and click on the IPv4 Configuration option.
- Now, the IP Address Configuration section will open on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose the Manual IP option. Click the Suggest a Manual IP Address button to assign the IP address.
- If there is no Suggest a Manual IP Address, type the IP Address manually in the given fields.
- Similarly, go to the DNS Address Configuration section below IP Address Configuration.
- Click on the radio button beside the Manual DNS Server option.
- Type the DNS server address in the given fields and click Apply.
Adding A Printer Port (windows)
- Open the Devices and Printers screen. Highlight and right-click on your printer.
- Choose Printer Properties > Ports > Add Port.
- Now, the Printer Ports screen displaying the available port types will open.
- Choose the Standard TCP/IP Port option from the list
- After doing that, click on the New Port button.
- Now, a screen prompting you to enter your printer’s IP Address will open.
- Enter it and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once that is done, print a test page.
Contact us if the HP Photosmart 6520 printer says offline again. For this purpose, we have included a Call button on this page.