- 123.hp.com »
- HP Printer Fax Communication Error
HP Printer Fax Communication Error
Sometimes, when you send a fax from your HP printer, it will display a communication error on its control panel. This is a common issue that may occur due to an improper connection, outdated driver, etc. Suppose you encounter this issue with your HP printer. No worries; you can make use of the solutions on this page to fix the “HP printer fax communication error.” So, now you can just go ahead with the below instructions.
Ensure The Connection Between Your Devices
- First, start checking the power cord between your printer and the electrical outlet.
- If the power cord isn’t plugged in securely, disconnect and reconnect it to your printer and electrical outlet.
- Ensure to turn on your printer.
- If you have connected your HP printer and computer with a USB cable, check whether the cable is connected securely.
- If the connected USB cable is damaged, replace it with another one.
- In case you are using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and computer are on the same network.
- Ensure that you have properly installed the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Launch the HP Smart app and start the faxing process.
- Now, check whether your printer can fax without the communication error.
- If the problem persists, restart your printer by performing the below steps.
Restart The Printer
- First, turn off your printer and remove the power cord from the wall socket.
- Disconnect the telephone cord from the wall jack and the printer.
- In case you have connected a USB or Ethernet cable to your printer, disconnect it.
- Wait for some time and let your printer cool down.
- Next, reconnect the power cord to the rear of your HP printer and the electrical outlet.
- Turn on your HP printer by pressing the Power button.
- Now, plug one end of the telephone cord into the wall jack and the next end into the printer’s LINE port.
- Start sending a fax from your printer and check if the issue is fixed.
- If your printer still displays the communication error, try sending a fax from your computer using the below steps.
Send Fax Using The HP Software
- First, ensure to connect your HP printer and computer using a USB or wireless connection.
- Make sure to connect the telephone cord to your computer.
- Now, click the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer’s main screen.
- Navigate to the HP software and select it.
- Click the “Print, Scan & Fax” tab at the top of the window.
- Next, choose the Fax tab.
- Here, select the Digital Fax Setup Wizard option from the list.
- Perform the on-screen prompts and complete the faxing process.
- Ensure to connect your computer to a standard Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the HP Smart app on your computer and click on the Mobile Fax option from the list.
- If you don’t see the Mobile Fax option, select the Personalize option.
- Here, click the Toggle button to add the Mobile Fax option to the HP Smart app’s home screen.
- In the Mobile Fax window, click on the Compose Fax tab.
- Now, input the recipient’s fax number and choose the country/region code in the To field.
- Input your name and phone number in the From field.
- Select the “File and Cover Page” field and attach the file that you want to fax.
- Finally, click the Send Fax button at the bottom-left side of the window.
So, on this page, we have given you all the possible ways to fix the fax communication issues. Hopefully, now you should have fixed the “HP printer fax communication error” by implementing the above instructions. To get further information, make use of the call option to contact our technical experts.