- 123.hp.com »
- HP Printer Fax Receiving But Not Sending
HP Printer Fax Receiving But Not Sending – Simple Steps
In certain situations, you might come across the “HP printer fax receiving but not sending” problem. Hence, perform the troubleshooting methods given below to resolve the fax issue and send your fax message from the printer to the recipient of your preferences within a few minutes. From time to time, people using printers encounter common to rare problems. Even if most issues are easy to resolve, some problems require more attention and time to fix. Many HP printer users have reported that there is no problem in receiving a fax message, but there is trouble when they try to send a fax message. So, we have done proper research on this subject and have come up with this article, which covers five simple workarounds that can help you fix the fax sending issue on your HP printer. Let’s get started!
Table Of Contents
- 1.Fix HP Printer – Send Fax Issue – Five Best and Simple Solutions
- 2.Print Your HP Printer’s Fax Test Report
- 3.Resend the Fax Message
- 4.Check the Connection Status
- 5.Check the Receiver’s Fax Number
- 6.Reset the HP Printer
Fix HP Printer – Send Fax Issue – Five Best Solutions
Five simple workarounds that help you resolve the fax issue on your HP printer are given below. However, you don’t have to perform all these five methods to fix the issue. Try the following methods in the given order.
As soon as you finish one method, try sending a fax message to check whether the problem is fixed. If the printer sends the fax message successfully to the entered fax number, it means the problem is fixed. Otherwise, try the successive workarounds until the problem is solved.
Print Your HP Printer’s Fax Test Report
- The printer’s fax test report will help you know the cause of the problem and resolve it.
- Open the Fax or Setup menu on your printer.
- Choose the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report option.
- Once the printer prints the report, review it to know the cause of the problem and take necessary actions to resolve it.
Resend The Fax Message
- Busy connections or lines can also lead to these kinds of problems.
- So, resend the fax message after a while.
- When you resend the message, ensure that the fax settings are configured correctly.
Check The Connection Status
- An unstable or improper connection from the printer to the telephone wall outlet can also lead to these kinds of fax issues.
- Check if the phone cord is plugged securely from the printer’s LINE port to the telephone wall outlet.
- If not, unplug and reconnect the cord.
Check The Receiver’s Fax Number
- You must enter the receiver’s fax number correctly for the printer to send your fax message successfully.
- Therefore, check if you have entered the receiver’s fax number correctly in the appropriate field. If not, enter it again and send your message.
Reset The HP Printer
- Reset the printer if none of the above methods resolve the fax problem.
- Ensure that your HP printer is turned on.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the printer’s inlet.
- Ensure to do this when the printer is turned on.
- Wait for approximately one minute and reconnect the cord. Switch on the printer and send a test page.
- You will find that your HP printer is able to send your fax messages successfully.
The Bottom Line
We are sure that you are now able to send a fax message from your HP printer. If not, don’t worry. Contact our technical experts, who will provide you with real-time assistance in resolving the “HP printer fax receiving but not sending” issue. You can also get support in resolving other fax-related problems on your printer from our technical experts. Just make use of the call option to connect with them.