- 123.hp.com »
- HP Printer Fax Sending But Not Receiving
HP Printer Fax Sending But Not Receiving
Sometimes, your HP printer can send a fax to a sender, but unfortunately, it will not be able to receive any fax from a sender. This is the most common issue, which may occur due to improper fax connection, incorrect fax settings, etc. Suppose, you encounter this issue with your HP printer, no worries. You can make use of the solutions on this page to fix the issue “HP printer fax sending but not receiving.” Let’s get started.
Check The Fax Connection
- First, make sure that the fax cord is connected to the right port on your printer.
- Make sure to use the telephone cord that came with your printer package.
- In case you are utilizing a different port, check if the connector does not have four wires.
- Suppose, you have connected any other devices in the telephone line, remove it immediately.
- Start checking the power cord between your printer and the electrical outlet.
- If the power cord isn’t plugged in securely, reconnect it to your printer and electrical outlet.
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- In case you want to receive the fax using your computer, ensure the connection between your devices.
- If you have connected the printer and computer with a USB cable, check whether the cable is connected securely between your devices.
- Suppose, the connected USB cable is damaged, replace it with another one.
- In case you are using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and computer are on the same network.
- Ensure that you have properly installed the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Now, check whether your computer is able to receive fax without any issues.
- If the problem persists, restart your printer by performing the below steps.
Restart The Printer
- First, turn off your printer and unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Disconnect the telephone cord from the wall jack and the printer’s fax cord port.
- In case you have connected the USB or Ethernet cable to your printer, disconnect it.
- Wait for some time and let your printer cool down.
- Next, reconnect the power cord to the back of your HP printer and the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Next, plug one end of the telephone cord into the wall jack. Connect the other end to the 1-LINE jack on the rear of the printer.
- If your printer does not receive any fax, ask the sender to resend the fax.
- Now, check whether the issue is solved.
- If not, try to receive the fax directly from your printer’s control panel by executing the below steps
Receive A Fax From The Printer’s Control Panel
- First, check if the printer is turned on. Also, ensure to load the sheets into the input paper tray.
- If you have loaded any document in the ADF, remove it.
- Ensure to change the setting Rings to Answer to a high number, which lets you respond to the incoming call before the printer answers.
- Otherwise, disable the Auto Answer feature. In this case, your printer will not be able to answer incoming calls automatically.
- In case you are currently on the phone with the sender of the fax, convey to the sender to press Send New Fax on their fax machine.
- Once you get the fax, go to the printer’s home screen and select Fax using the arrow buttons.
- Press OK and select Receive Fax Manually.
- When the printer starts to receive the fax, you can hang up the phone or remain on the line. The phone line will be silent during the fax process.
Faxing Made Easy!
So, here, we have discussed the useful instructions which help your printer receive fax without any problems. Hopefully, now, you have learned how to fix the issue of “HP printer fax sending but not receiving” by implementing the procedures given above. For further queries, reach our technical experts using the Call option on this page.