- 123.hp.com »
- Change HP Printer Defaulting To Fax
HP Printer Keeps Defaulting To Fax – Quick Solutions
HP printers are extremely popular in the market. However, sometimes when you need to print a document, your printer will start its faxing job instead of printing. This could lead to frustration when trying to print important official documents. If this happens to you, you should fix the issue by modifying a few printer settings. If you are unsure about the procedure, continue reading this page. Here, we will show you what should be done to resolve the “HP printer keeps defaulting to fax” problem.
Table Of Contents
- 1.Set Your Printer As Default
- 2.Power Cycle Your Printer
- 3.Update The Software To The Recent Version
- 4.Restore Your Printer To Factory Default Settings
Set Your Printer As Default
If your HP printer keeps defaulting to fax, there is one way to resolve the issue. And that is, setting it as the default machine. The oncoming instructions will show you the detailed procedure for the same.
- On your Windows computer, click Start and search for Control Panel.
- From the search results, click on the right option.
- When the Control Panel window pops up, click Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your HP printer on the page that appears and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, see if your HP printer stops defaulting to fax. If this technique doesn’t work, proceed with the following troubleshooting solutions.
- A simple power cycle can do wonders. To do it, turn off your HP printer and remove the power cord from its rear port.
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- After one minute, reconnect the power cord to the appropriate ports and turn on your printer.
- Try to send a document to your printer and ensure it prints without defaulting to fax.
- If your HP printer driver is outdated, your printer may not function the way you expect. You need to update the software to the recent version to fix this trouble.
- Visit HP’s official website using your default web browser.
- In the search area, type your printer model.
- Click the Submit button.
- When it takes you to the product support page, click on Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Now, pick the most appropriate driver on the screen that appears and click the Download button next to it.
- After the download is over, locate the setup file on your computer and then run it.
- Simply continue with the instructions on your screen and finish the installation process.
- Try to print a test page and ensure your printer performs the way you expect.
- If none of the above troubleshooting solutions help you fix the “HP printer keeps defaulting to fax” problem, restore your printer to factory settings and see if it works.
- To do this, navigate to your printer’s Settings section and select the Restore Factory Defaults option.
- Wait until the process gets completed. Then, check if your printer can print your documents without any issues.
Power Cycle Your Printer
Update The Software To The Recent Version
Restore Your Printer To Factory Default Settings
The above are some effective troubleshooting solutions to fix the “HP printer keeps defaulting to fax” issue. In case your problem is still not rectified, get in touch with our technical experts for real-time assistance. You can do it by utilizing the call option on this page. We look forward to hearing from you.