- 123.hp.com »
- HP Printer Keeps Going Offline
HP Printer Showing Offline With Windows And Mac
“Printer Offline” is a usual error that may occur on both Windows and Mac computers. Whenever your printer goes offline, it cannot communicate with your computer and won’t proceed with any print jobs. You might encounter this issue due to pending print jobs, incorrect printer settings on your computer, etc. But fortunately, you can solve this issue with some basic troubleshooting methods. In this way, you can solve your HP printer keeps going offline on mac or windows & resume the print jobs. So, just perform the given solutions below.
My HP Printer Is Offline Windows – Fixies To Try
Check The Printer Status
- From the main screen of your Windows computer, click the Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel window using the search bar.
- Now, select the Hardware and Sounds option from the Control Panel window.
- Select the Devices and Printers option from the list and right-click on your HP printer’s icon.
- From the drop-down menu, Select See what’s printing.
- Navigate to the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- In case the Pause Printing option is selected, uncheck it.
- Now, check whether the printer is back in online mode.
- If the issue continues, perform the below instructions.
Delete All Print Jobs
- First, navigate to the Start menu on your Windows main screen.
- Look for Control Panel using the search bar.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the search results.
- Here, select the Hardware and Sounds option from the list.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, right-click on your HP printer’s icon and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Click on the Printer tab at the top of the screen.
- Pick the Cancel All Documents option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, check whether your printer is back in online mode.
My Mac Says My Printer Is Offline – Solution
Reset The Print Settings
- Pick the Apple icon from the top menu and choose the System Preferences option.
- On the next screen, select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Right-click on your HP Printer icon and select the Reset Printing System option.
- When a window appears on the screen asking you to enter your Mac’s User Name and Security Key.
- Enter the credentials and click OK.
- Next, you need to wait for some time.
- You will see a list of available printers on the screen.
- To add a printer, click on the ‘Plus (+)’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, your printer will go back online.
- Finally, try to print a test page to ensure the printer is printing correctly.
Removing Extra Printers From Mac
If your HP printer has been installed multiple times, it may cause an offline error on your Mac. To fix this issue, you need to perform the below instructions.
- Go to the home screen of your Mac and click on the Apple icon.
- Choose the System Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Select the Printers & scanners option to see all the available printers.
- Click on the HP printer icon that you want to delete from the list of available printers and select the ‘Minus (-)’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, set your HP printer as the Default machine on your Mac computer.
- At last, restart your Mac and see if your printer is working correctly.
You can fix the HP printer’s offline issue on windows or mac issue by following the above instructions.
In case you have any other issues with your printer, use the call button to contact our technical experts.