- 123.hp.com »
- HP Printer Paper Jam Issues
HP Printer Paper Jam Issues
Paper jams are pretty common in printers and can occur anywhere in the printer. If the printer has a paper jam, it will be displayed on its control panel. Locate the area inside the printer and carefully remove the jammed paper. Then you can continue your print job. In case you don’t know where or how to start, keep reading this page. This web page explains how to clear any jammed paper from your HP printer. Read this web page to learn how to deal with paper jams in the future.
How To Fix HP Printer Paper Jam Issues?
- In case there is a paper jam in the input tray, pull the output tray out of the printer and remove the input tray. Check the area under the printer and carefully remove any jammed paper that you find. Make sure not to tear the jammed paper anymore; this will intensify the paper jam issue. Once you remove the torn and jammed paper, reinsert the input and output trays into the printer. Now, you can proceed with your printing job.
- If a paper jam occurs in the print area, open the printer’s front cover followed by the cartridge access door. Push the carriage and remove the jammed paper. Then lift the paper path cover handle and remove the cover. In case the paper is jammed inside the printer, remove it carefully. Once done, replace the paper path cover and close the cartridge access door followed by the printer’s front cover.
- If the paper is jammed in the document feeder, lift the cover and remove the jammed paper from the rollers. Then lift the document feeder plate and remove any jammed paper under the rollers. Now, close the document feeder tab. Once the document feeder tab snaps into place, remove the jammed paper from underneath the tray and lower the document feeder tray.
- In order to prevent paper jams, always load your paper stack into the paper tray after fanning and aligning the sheets. Do not load curled or damp paper. Also, be careful not to load paper more than the specified limit. These preventive measures can help you to some extent in dealing with paper jam issues.
This way, you should handle paper jam issues on your HP printer. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts without any hesitation. You can use the Call button on this page for this purpose.