- 123.hp.com »
- HP Printer Setup Issues
123 HP Printer Setup Issues
Sometimes, things go wrong when setting up your HP printer. But it is essential to troubleshoot the issue in order to resolve it. If you want to know how to troubleshoot your HP printer and fix your problem, this article is for you. It will give you the steps for troubleshooting the 123 HP Printer Setup issues with your HP printer.
Check The Basics – 123.hp.com/setup Issues
If you have difficulty setting up your HP printer, check the basics in the first place. The following instructions will help you out in this regard.
- First, ensure the power cord is plugged in and the power switch is on.
- Next, try turning off your printer and then turning it back on.
- Now, try unplugging the power cord from the back of your printer and plugging it back in.
- If these steps don’t work, proceed with the following solutions.
Troubleshoot The HP Printer Setup Issues
Usually, the printer setup includes:
- Unpacking it
- Connecting the power cord
- Installing the cartridges
- Loading the paper
- Installing the compatible driver
If you make a minor mistake in any of these aspects, you will end up with an issue. Read this section and ensure that you do not make any mistakes while setting up your printer.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Cartridges
- If you have not installed the cartridges properly, you need to remove them from their slots and reinstall them.
- To do this, open your printer’s cartridge access door and remove all the ink cartridges one by one.
- Ensure that you have entirely removed the packing tapes from the cartridges.
- Now, reinsert the ink cartridges into the appropriate holders and press them until they snap into their places. Also, ensure that you have installed them according to the color indications.
- Once done, close the cartridge access door.
Check The Paper Settings And Reload The Sheets
- When you load your paper stack into the printer, you should adjust the guides against it but not too tightly. If you don’t adjust the guides firmly, your printer won’t feed the sheets. In that case, you may start thinking that you haven’t set up your printer properly. But the real problem exists with the paper guides.
- Moreover, if you have loaded damp or curled sheets into the paper tray, you will be in trouble.
- Extend the paper tray from the printer and remove the paper stack you have already loaded. Then, reload a fresh stack with the print side facing down. Adjust the guides against the stack and reinsert the paper tray into the printer.
123 HP Printer Install The Right Driver
- If you have installed an incompatible driver on your computer, you cannot access your printer efficiently.
- From your browser, visit HP’s official website. Enter your printer model and download the updated software.
- Install the driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you resolve your HP printer setup issues. In case your problem is still not fixed, get in touch with our technical experts using the call option.