- 123.hp.com »
- HP Print Job Stuck In Queue
HP Print Job Stuck In Queue – Simple Guidelines
Is your HP Print Job Stuck In Queue? Is your HP printer not responding to the print job? If yes, read this article thoroughly and execute the same methods as instructed below to resolve it.
Print Job Stuck In Print Queue – HP Printers – Solved
Best And Simple Solution
- If your print job is stuck in the print queue for the first time, click the Cancel or Delete button in the Print Preferences dialog box. If the paused print job is removed from the list, retry to print the same document.
- Make sure that your HP printer and the Windows or Mac computer are connected to the same network.
Advanced Method To Fix Print Jobs Stuck In Print Queue
Print Jobs Stuck In Print Queue – Windows – Three Fixes To Try
Three simple workarounds that help you resolve the “print job stuck in the print queue” issue are given below. Perform the following methods in the order given.
Use The Diagnostic Tool
- This is a very common problem many people face, and HP printer manufacturers are also aware of the same. So, to help people resolve these common problems, the HP printer manufacturer suggests using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- This diagnostic tool helps you to diagnose and fix this print problem easily and quickly.
- Install and open the tool. Ensure that your HP printer is turned on.
- Click Start on the main screen to begin the troubleshooting.
Stop The Print Spooler
- Open the Services window on your computer.
- Locate and right-click on the service named ‘Print Spooler.’
- Choose Stop. Now, cancel or delete the print jobs that are queued.
- To do so, open File Explorer. Go to C > WindowsSystem32 > SpoolPrinters. Select and delete all the print job files from the opened folder.
- Now, restart your Windows computer followed by the HP printer.
- After that, try to print the document again on your HP printer.
- If the print job is stuck again, perform the solution below.
Reinstall The HP Printer Software
- If your HP printer is connected to the computer with the help of a USB cable, disconnect the cable.
- Open the Device Settings screen.
- Click on Printers & scanners. Choose your HP printer below the Printers & Scanners section.
- Click Remove device > Yes. Restart your computer if prompted.
- After your computer restarts, download the latest and most compatible printer driver for your OS type and use the same to install the machine.
Print Jobs Stuck In Print Queue – Mac – Four Best Fixes
use The HP Smart App
- If you are accessing the printer using the HP Smart app, open the app on your Mac computer to begin the troubleshooting.
- Click Printers > Diagnose & Fix. Resolve the print job stuck problem by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Clear The Print Queue
- Open the Terminal app.
- Type Cancel –a to cancel the print queue on your Mac computer.
- After doing that, restart your computer.
- Check if this print problem is resolved. If not, perform the solution below.
Reset The Print System
- Open Printers & Scanners. Choose your HP printer below the Printers section.
- Right-click on the blank area in the Printers section.
- Choose the Reset printing system option followed by Reset.
- Restart your computer if prompted.
- After that, re-add the printer on your Mac computer.
Reinstall The Printer Driver (HP Easy Start)
- Open the HP Easy Start software.
- Click on the HP Easy Start menu followed by Uninstall HP Software.
- Uninstall your HP printer software by following the on-screen instructions.
- After doing that, restart your computer and reinstall the printer software on it.
Contact us if you need real-time assistance in resolving this HP Print Job Stuck In Queue problem. You can do this using the call option on this page.