- 123.hp.com »
- HP Scan Button Not Working
HP Scan Button Not Working
Sometimes, when you are about to scan from your computer, the scan button will not work on your HP printer. You may end up with this issue due to a poor connection between your devices or when you install an incompatible printer driver on your computer. To fix this problem, you can use the appropriate solution that is given on this page. So, just go ahead with the below instructions.
Do A Check Between Your Devices
- Make sure that you’ve properly connected the power cord to the back of your printer and the other end to the electrical socket.
- Ensure to turn on your HP printer.
- If you have connected your printer and computer with a USB cable, check whether the cable is connected securely. If you are utilizing a faulty USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- In case the printer and computer are linked via Wi-Fi, check whether they are on the same network.
- Ensure that the driver you have installed supports your printer and computer.
- Now, check whether the scan button is working on your printer.
- If the problem continues, restart your printer.
Restart The Printer
- Suppose, you have already turned on your printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cord.
- Now, disconnect the cables from the wireless router for 15 seconds.
- Restart your computer and wait until it turns on.
- Turn on your router again by connecting the necessary cables.
- After turning on the router, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer.
- Now, you can connect your printer and computer. After that, check whether the issue is solved.
- If not, perform the below steps.
Reinstall The Driver
Uninstalling The Driver
- Select the Start menu on your computer and open the Control Panel window using the search bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, select the Programs & Features option from the list.
- Right-click on your printer driver and click on the Uninstall option from the drop-down list.
- Now, click the Uninstall option again in the confirmation dialog box.
- After you’ve uninstalled the driver, you need to reinstall it.
Installing The Driver
- Launch a browser on your computer.
- Now, go to the official support page of your printer.
- Click on the Support tab and choose the Software and drivers option at the top of the window.
- Go for the Printer category.
- Input your printer’s model name under the Enter your product name option and click on the Submit button.
- In the next window, your computer’s operating system will be shown automatically at the top of the screen.
- If you want to change the operating system, click on the Choose different OS option and select your respective operating system with its version from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Change button.
- Choose the most appropriate driver and click on the Download option.
- The driver will start to download on your computer.
- After downloading the driver, launch the executable file and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Now, try to scan with your printer and check if the issue is solved.
Hoping that you have fixed the issue “HP scan button not working” by implementing the above instructions on this page. So, you can now proceed with the scanning job with your HP printer. In case of any issues, you can use the Call button on this page.