- 123.hp.com »
- Smart Tank 6001 Setup
HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup
HP Smart Tank 6001 is an all-in-one, cartridge-free, wireless printer designed for daily home printing needs. It comes with a high-capacity ink tank and delivers outstanding printouts. This efficient printer also comes with great features, and some are listed below:
- Auto Duplex printing
- Customizable shortcuts for print, scan, share, and email
- Fast and reliable Wi-Fi connection
- Smart-guided buttons
- High volume printing up to 6000 for black and 8000 for color, etc.
The HP Smart Tank 6001 setup is pretty easy if you’re using the latest version of Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android operating system because you can use the HP Smart app to set it up on your device or computer.
After unpacking the printer, install the HP Smart app on your computer or smartphone. Perform the prompts displayed on the app screen to complete the rest of the HP Smart Tank 6001 setup.
Continue reading this page to know the HP Smart Tank 6001 setup process in detail.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Unboxing Setup
The following step-by-step instructions explain how to set up the HP Smart Tank 6001 printer using the HP Smart app in macOS. (The Windows 10 users can also refer to these instructions to set up your printer on your computer. Even if the OS types are different, the overall process is the same).
If you’re using the older version of Windows, i.e., Windows 7 or Mac, first complete the hardware setup and then install the printer on your computer using the HP Easy Start software.
Preparing The Printer
Unpack the HP Smart Tank 6001 printer completely to prepare it for the setup. If you have already unpacked your printer, skip to the “configuring the initial settings” section of this page.
- Open the product box.
- You can find the user manual, warranty card, etc., at the top of the box; remove them.
- Now, remove the printer with its packing bag from the box.
- Take the Smart Tank printer out of the bag and place it on a neat surface.
- Gently peel off all the packing tapes and other unwanted materials from the printer.
- Recycle the packing materials properly.
- Place the printer closer to an electrical outlet.
Configuring The Initial Settings
Switch on your printer and configure the initial settings.
- Get the power cord of your printer that is shipped along with it.
- Connect the cord from your printer’s inlet to the electrical outlet.
- Now, press the Power (On/Off) button to turn on your printer.
- Usually, when you turn on the printer for the first time, it takes a few seconds to a minute to complete its initial boot-up process and to become silent.
- So, wait patiently for the printer to complete its initial boot-up.
- Once it is silent, choose the device language from the list of suggestions and save it.
- Similarly, configure the other initial settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Using The HP Smart App
Connect your HP Smart Tank printer to a wireless network using the HP Smart app.
- Initially, connect your Mac computer to a wireless network.
- Next, download the HP Smart app file for your Mac computer from the Apple App Store or the HP printer’s official support page if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Ensure that your printer is in Wi-Fi setup mode.
- Open the HP Smart app’s installer file on your Mac computer.
- Click Continue.
- Reach the Installation Type screen by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Click Install on the opened screen.
- Type your Mac computer’s password in the given field and click Install Software if the confirmation dialog box appears on the screen.
- Once the app is installed, its Welcome wizard will open.
- Click Get Started on the opened screen.
- Accept the data collection settings of the printer.
- Now, the app will try to detect the printer that is connected to the same network as your Mac computer or in Wi-Fi Setup mode.
- Once the app detects the printer, the “We found your printer!” screen with the detected printer name and icon will open.
(This mode is automatically activated when you turn on the printer for the first time and lasts for two hours. If it has been more than two hours since you first turned on your HP printer, restore the machine’s network settings to put it back to the Wi-Fi setup mode).
- If your printer is detected correctly, click the Continue button on the same screen.
- Otherwise, click Plus to detect and install the printer on your computer.
- After doing that, connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once it is done, the “Printer Connected to Wi-Fi” screen will open.
- Click Continue on the same screen.
- Now, finish the HP Smart Tank 6001 hardware setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Click the Printers & Scanners option on the “Setup is almost finished!” screen to install the printer driver on your Mac computer.
- Complete the rest of the HP Smart Tank 6001 setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Contact our technical experts if you need further assistance in performing the HP Smart Tank 6001 setup.