- 123.hp.com »
- HP Smart Tank 7301 Setup
Get Your HP Smart Tank 7301 Printer Up And Running In A Flash With Our Easy Setup!
Welcome to the world of printer setup! Setting up a new printer for the first time can be tricky, but with a little patience and the right resources, it can be done in no time. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to get your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer ready at your home or office. We will also cover how to perform the printer functions, install the printer on your device, and troubleshoot common issues. So, let’s get started on your printer setup journey!
Step-By-Step Guide To Setting Up Your Printer
Setting up your new HP Smart Tank 7301 printer can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Whether you’re a first-time printer user or a seasoned veteran, we’re here to assist you throughout the setup process. Here’s how to unbox and set up your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer in no time.
Step 1: Preparing The Printer For Setup
- The very important thing you must do before beginning to set up a new printer is to unbox it.
- Remove the packing tapes, Styrofoam pieces, and packing cover from the printer.
- Place your HP Smart Tank printer on a flat, neat surface.
- Now, remove all the packing materials from inside and outside the printer. A single piece of packing material can result in paper jams and other paper-feed-related issues.
- Therefore,ensure that the packing materials are removed completely from the printer.
Step 2: Turn On The Printer
- Ready to get started with your printer?Let’s bring it alive.
- Next get the printer’s power cord ready.
- Plug the cord directly into the printer’s inlet (that is, at the back of it) and connect the other end of the cord to an electrical outlet.
- Now, press the power switch. The printer will turn on. Wait for all the lights on the control panel to become stable.
- Once the lights are turned on, you can go to the next step of the HP Smart Tank 7301 setup.
The Wi-Fi setup mode automatically activates when you turn on the printer and lasts two hours. You can connect your printer to a computer or smartphone over a wireless network using the HP Smart app or the recommended full-featured software. However, during these two hours, don’t press the Wi-Fi button on the printer’s control panel because it will disable the Wi-Fi setup mode. One more important thing: don’t connect the USB cable before turning on the printer. If you wish to install the printer on your computer through wired connection method, connect the USB cable only when prompted during the driver installation.
Step 3: Install The Printer On Your Device
- The HP Smart Tank 7301 printer is designed to work with almost all operating systems. Installing this printer on a device is just a piece of cake if you follow the instructions correctly.
- Here, we will see how to install the printer on a computer using the HP Smart app.
- Install this app on your computer. Need help installing this app? You can get the HP Smart app from the Mac Store, Microsoft Store, or your printer’s support page.
- Have you installed the app? If yes, open it and follow the in-app instructions to install the Smart Tank 7301 printer on your computer.
All right there? Have you installed the printer on your computer? Yes? Perfect! There are only a few more steps left to complete the HP Smart Tank 7301 setup. Let’s finish them as fast as possible.
Step 4: Fill The Ink Tanks
- The HP Smart Tank 7301 printer comes with four ink tanks, three on one side (cyan, magenta, and yellow) and one on the other (black).
- Raise the printer’s top cover, followed by the ink access door.
- Now, open the ink tank caps, followed by the ink bottles.
- Fill the ink tanks using the right ink type.
- Avoid overfilling the ink tanks. After filling the ink tanks, close their caps and lower the access door.
That’s it. You have successfully completed one stage of the printer’s manual setup. Two more to go.
Step 5: Install The Printheads
Are you trying to install printheads in your printer but need to know how? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! Installing printheads in this HP Smart Tank printer is a simple process. You can do this within a few seconds. Here’s how to get it done:
- Raise the printer’s ink access door. Now, you can see the carriage moving.
- Wait for it to become stable. Once it is stable, open the printhead cover.
- Now, what do you see? The orange guard, right? Remove it.
- Unpack the genuine printheads that were shipped with the printer.
- Remove the orange tape from the heads and place them in their respective slots.
- Ensure that the printheads are installed properly before closing the printhead cover and the ink access door.
Installing the printhead is that simple.
Step 6: Load Paper
Loading paper into this Smart Tank printer is like a piece of cake. However, before loading the paper, prepare the right media type. This is paramount. Using an incompatible and incorrect paper type can result in jams and other print-related problems. Have you prepared the paper for loading? If yes, load the paper into the tray by following the instructions below.
- Open the printer’s input tray.
- Move the paper-width guides to the ends by pressing and holding the blue button on one of the guides.
- Now, load a paper into the input tray. Make sure the paper is only loaded up to the maximum limit mark.
- Adjust the guides properly and close the input tray.
You have almost reached the end of the HP Smart Tank 7301 setup. One more step to go.
Step 7: Align the Printheads
Aligning the printheads is paramount for high-quality printouts and creating a professional document appearance. Doing this is also straightforward. Go through the instructions below for more details.
- Generally, this Smart Tank printer prints an alignment page automatically once you load paper and install the printheads on it.
- If you see the A letter blinking on the control panel, it means the printer is preparing to print the alignment page.
- Once the page is printed, place it on the scanner glass and scan it to complete the alignment process.
You have performed the HP Smart Tank 7301 setup using the instructions above. Yes? You did a great job setting up the printer! Congratulations!
Get The Right HP Smart Tank 7301 Printer Driver
Using the right HP Smart Tank printer driver for installation is important because it ensures that the printer will be compatible with the computer’s operating system and other software applications. The right driver also ensures that the printer will work at its optimal speed and performance. You can get the most compatible and latest printer driver for your OS type from the printer’s official support page. However, you might feel uneasy about manually performing the driver download process if this is your first experience downloading the printer driver. To help you download the right printer driver, we have made it easier, simpler, and faster in this section. Click the ‘driver for Windows’ button to get the latest printer driver for your Windows computer. If you want to install this HP Smart Tank printer on a Mac computer, use the HP Smart app or the built-in driver.
Step-By-Step Guide To Installing Printer Drivers
Installing a printer driver can be tricky, especially if you have little experience with computers or printers. Fortunately, with a few simple steps, you can get your Smart Tank 7301 printer up and running in no time.
- Open the downloaded HP Smart Tank 7301 setup driver for Windows on your computer.
- You will accept the license agreement for the printer and install the basic printer drivers in the first part of the driver installation.
- Once the basic drivers are installed on your computer, the Connection Options screen will open.
- Here, you can select the connection type that you wish to use to install the printer on your computer.
- You can complete the rest of the driver’s job by following the on-screen instructions.
Installing a printer driver can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. You can quickly get your printer up and running with a few simple steps.
Download the Manual Directly From Here
Do you want to know how your HP Smart Tank printer can print, scan, or copy? Are you curious about knowing what you can do from the printer control panel? Fortunately, you can get everything from this page. However, we have provided the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer manual in this section. Using the printer manual, you can also identify the printer error codes, common problems, and their troubleshooting solutions. Get the driver downloaded to your computer giving a single click on the button provided below.
Get Connected Quickly to Your Wi-Fi Reading This Wireless Setup Guide
Setting up a printer to work wirelessly can open up a world of convenience and efficiency for your home or office. With wireless printing, you can easily print documents from anywhere in your home or office without needing to connect your printer to a computer using a wired connection. The section below will walk you through the process of setting up your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer on a wireless network. So let’s get started and make your printer wireless ready!
Connect Your Printer to a New Wireless Network in Just a Few Simple Steps
Setting up the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer for wireless communication is like a catwalk. You can connect this wireless-enabled printer to a computer or smartphone over a wireless network using the HP Smart app, the HP printer software, and a router. If you’re looking to connect your printer to a new wireless network, then first connect it to the network, and then use the HP Smart app or the printer software to complete the setup. You will read more about this in the section below. So, why wait? Let’s get started! Here, we are going to use the wireless router for the Wi-Fi setup.
Step1: Connecting the Printer to Wi-Fi
- Switch on your HP Smart Tank printer if it is turned off.
- Now, enable the WPS mode on your printer. You can do this in three seconds.
- Locate the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel.
- Press and hold the button (Wi-Fi) for three seconds. That’s it. The WPS mode must be enabled on your printer.
- Now, go to your wireless router and press its WPS button. Ensure that you do this within two minutes after enabling the WPS mode on your printer.
- What is the status of the Wi-Fi light on your printer’s control panel?
- If the light blinks, the printer is trying to connect to the network.
- The light becomes stable once the printer is connected to the network.
Step2: Completing the Wi-Fi Setup
- Connect your Windows or Mac computer (on which you wish to install the printer) to the same network. You can use the wired or wireless connection type for this.
- Now, open the HP printer software recommended for your OS type.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- When you reach the Connection Options screen, choose the Wireless option and then click Next.
- Finish the HP Smart Tank 7301 Wi-Fi setup by following the on-screen instructions.
And that’s it! We hope that you will connect your printer to Wi-Fi using the instructions above. Feel free to reach out to us for further details.
Connecting Your Printer to an Existing Wi-Fi Router
Are you looking for the right and simple guide to connecting your HP Smart Tank printer to an existing router (to which you have connected the computer)? If yes, you have reached the right section. All you need is a stable network, a computer connected to the internet, and a few minutes to get your printer up and running. If everything is set, begin the Wi-Fi setup by following the instructions below.
- First, verify if your printer is in Wi-Fi setup mode. When this mode is enabled, the Wi-Fi light illuminates.
- If the light is off, don’t worry; restore the printer’s network settings to re-enable this mode. How do I do it? Well, we will guide you through it.
- Press and hold your printer’s Information button for a maximum of five seconds. If we are right, all the lights on the printer’s control panel must be blinking.
- Now, press and hold the Wi-Fi and Cancel buttons and release them after five seconds.
- If the Wi-Fi light blinks blue, you can confirm that the Wi-Fi setup mode is activated.
- Now, open the HP Smart app on your computer (that is connected to a stable wireless network).
- Click Get Started on the Welcome to HP Smart app screen. Perform the on-app instructions to set up the printer on your computer.
Have you connected your printer to an existing Wi-Fi network using the instructions above? Yes? That’s awesome! Congratulations on connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network!
Plug In And Print — HP Smart Tank 7301 USB Setup!
Do you want to set up and access your printer securely and faster from a single computer? If yes, set it up on your computer using the USB connection type. Don’t worry or get panicked about how to do it. This section will walk you through the process of setting up your HP Smart Tank printer with a USB connection. The procedure for USB setup process is relatively straightforward and should take a few minutes to complete. By the end of this guide, you should have your printer up and running and ready to print your documents. So let’s get started!
- Begin by connecting your HP Smart Tank printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Ensure that the cable is connected directly from the printer’s USB port to your computer and securely.
- The printer will try to establish a connection to your computer. This might take a few seconds to complete.
- After a while, open the Printers & Scanners (Mac) or Devices and Printers screen (Windows) on your computer.
- Here, verify if your printer name is displayed. If yes, the USB setup is done successfully.
- Otherwise, perform the USB setup using the HP Smart app or the printer software.
This is how to set up your printer on the computer using the USB connection type.
Print Anywhere, Anytime — Mobile Printing Setup
Printing is easier, faster, and simpler with the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer. This printer comes with cool mobile printing features. All of them are easy to use. If your printer and smartphone are on the same network and the HP Smart app (if necessary) is installed on your device, you can start printing right away. In the upcoming sections, we will see how to use the Apple AirPrint feature and the HP Smart app to print an original from your smartphone to the printer. So, are you reading? Let’s get started.
Using Apple AirPrint
Do you want to print an original from your iOS device to the printer without using the HP Smart application? Then, you can use this feature without a second thought. Connect your printer and the iOS device to the same network. One important thing: before you start printing, ensure that your iOS device supports this feature.
- Open the page, file, or image you want to print.
- Now, tap on the share icon. This will show up some options on the screen.
- Find and select the Print option.
- This will open the Printer Options screen, as shown in the image below.
- Here, tap on the Select Printer command if you want to select your printer.
- After that, customize your print preferences and press the Print button.
The printer will start printing your document, page, or image shortly. It is that fast.
Using the HP Smart App
Do you want to print an original with advanced print settings? If yes, use the HP Smart app for it. Install the app and set up the printer on your smartphone if you want to do it. Once your printer and the device are ready for printing, follow the instructions below.
- Open the HP Smart app. Ensure that your Smart Tank 7301 printer model is selected correctly on the app’s main screen.
- Now, tap on the Print Documents or Print Photos tab.
- What do you see? The screen allows you to choose the original you want to print, right?
- Choose the document or image you want to print from your device’s folder.
- Improve the print settings as per your needs. Finally, tap Print.
And that’s it! The printer will start printing the document with the configured settings.
Enroll Now and Get Unlimited Ink with an Instant Ink Subscription!
HP Instant Ink is a subscription-based service. It is a convenient and affordable way to save on ink for your HP printer. With this subscription, you don’t have to worry about running out of ink again. Once you activate this service for your printer, the HP printer manufacturer delivers ink cartridges for the printer directly to your door when you need them. Your printer must be eligible for instant ink to activate this ink subscription for it. Unfortunately, the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer is not eligible for this subscription. If you have any other HP printer that is eligible for the HP Instant Ink Subscription, reach out to us to get real-time assistance in activating this subscription for your printer.
Print Your Photos and Documents with Ease!
Printing photos and documents from your computer to the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer is easy. It can be confusing if you have never done it before. But you don’t have to worry about it. We will show you how to easily and quickly print photos and documents with this Smart Tank printer. Read on to learn more about it.
- First, open the application that supports printing.
- Then, open the document or photo you want to print from the newly opened application.
- Have you done it? Yes? Good Job! Now, open the Print dialog box. You can use the Ctrl + P button combo (for Windows) or the Command + P button combo (for Mac) to open this dialog box.
- The first step is to ensure that your printer is selected.
- Next, verify the print settings, and then click Print.
- If you want to improve the quality of the printouts, adjust the print settings and then click Print.
Learn How to Scan Documents with Your HP Smart Tank 7301 Printer Easily!
Scanning is a great way to keep your important documents in digital format and make them easier to store and access. The procedure to scan an original is also straightforward. This section will walk you through the steps for how to scan a document with the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer using the HP Smart app.
- Launch the HP Smart app if it is closed.
- Ensure that your HP printer model is selected correctly.
- Click on the “Scan” tab. This will open the Scan Settings screen with three tabs: scanner, camera, and import.
- Scanner: Go to this tab if you wish to scan an original that is placed on the printer’s scanner glass. Configure the scan settings and click Scan to create the digital copy of the original.
- Camera: If you wish to scan an original using your computer’s built-in camera, click on this tab and perform scanning.
- Import: Do you want to scan an original that is saved on your computer? Then, click on this tab to perform it.
And that’s it! Scanning documents can be a great way to store and share important information, and with the information above, you’ll be able to scan documents like a pro.
How to Get the Most Out of Your HP Smart Tank Printer: Tips for Copying Successfully
The HP Smart Tank 7301 printer instantly helps you create more than one copy of an original. How? Read the instructions below for more details.
- First, ensure that the printer’s input tray has enough paper.
- Next, place the original you want to copy on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Now, press the Black Copy button (for a black and white copy) or the Color Copy button (for a color copy) on the printer’s control panel to start the copy job.
- Do you want two or more copies of the original? Then, press one of the copy buttons multiple times or press and hold it until the number of copies meets your requirement.
- After the last button is pressed, the printer will start creating copies of the original.
That’s all there is to it! Copying with this Smart Tank printer is a simple process. You should have no trouble copying with this printer if you have configured the copy settings correctly.
Fix Your HP Smart Tank 7301 Printer Problems like a Pro!
Are you having trouble with your HP Smart Tank printer? Printers are great tools, but they can be tricky to troubleshoot when something goes wrong. Fortunately, there are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and fix the issue. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the most common HP Smart Tank 7301 printer problems and how to solve them. By the end, you should be able to get your printer up in no time. Even if this is your first printer troubleshooting experience, don’t worry. We have your back covered. So let’s get started!
Solve Your Printer’s Offline Woes with These Easy Troubleshooting Tips!
If your printer is showing an “offline” status, don’t worry; it’s a common issue and can often be resolved quickly and easily. In this guide, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot and fix the HP Smart Tank 7301 printer offline issue. We’ll cover everything from basic troubleshooting steps to more advanced fixes. With this information, you’ll be able to get your printer back online in no time. So, let’s get started!
- Restart your HP Smart Tank 7301 printer and the computer. After doing that, check if the offline issue is resolved by printing a test page. If the offline message shows up again, it’s okay. Try the next solutions one by one in the order below to bring your printer back online.
- Verify if the devices (computer and printer) are on the same network. No? Connect them to the same network.
- Verify if the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options are enabled on your printer. If yes, kindly disable them.
- Re-install the printer driver or re-add the printer to your computer if necessary.
- Are you facing this problem with a Windows computer? Then, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool for Windows.
- This diagnosis and fix tool will assist you in fixing this issue in no time.
- You can also use the Diagnose & Fix feature available in the HP Smart app to diagnose this offline issue on your printer from a Windows or Mac computer. For more details, contact us.
- If you’re encountering this printer problem with a Mac computer, reset the printing system to fix it. For that, open the Printers & Scanners screen.
- Can you see your printer name under the Printers section? Yes? Click on it. Now, move the mouse cursor over the blank area under the Printers section and right-click on it.
- The Reset printing system option will show up. Click on it to reset the printing system.
Everything is fine! We hope that any of the above solutions will help you bring your printer back online.
Troubleshoot Your HP Printer If It’s Not Printing
If your HP Smart Tank printer is not printing, it can be a frustrating experience. Fortunately, it’s usually a fairly simple problem to fix. Here are a few tips to help you fix this printing problem. Try them one by one to make your printer print again.
- First, verify if your printer is turned on and connected to the computer. No? Turn it on and connect it to the computer over a wireless or wired connection.
- Next, ensure that the most compatible and latest HP Smart Tank printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Is your printer set as the default one? If not, set it as the default printer, and then try to print. Because when you click Print, the printing application selects the printer that is set as the default.
- Setting up the printer as the default printer is not a big deal.
- On Mac: Open Printers & Scanners. Choose your printer under the Printers section. Now, verify if your printer name is displayed beside the Default Printer drop-down menu. No? Select it from the same drop-down menu.
- In Windows 10: Open Printers & Scanners. Click on your printer name, followed by Manage > Set as Default.
- Verify if the input tray has enough paper. If not, reload it. Similarly, verify the ink levels. If the ink level is low, refill the tanks and then perform the print operation.
- Did your printer stop printing after a long print job? If yes, wait for a few minutes, and then continue printing.
- Why? When you continue printing or using it for a long time, there are chances for the printer’s internal parts to overheat, and as a result, the printer might stop printing.
- Leave the printer to cool down for 30 minutes to an hour.
- During this time, you can organize the printouts that were printed earlier or spend some time on things of your liking.
Hopefully, one of these solutions has assisted you in resolving your ‘HP printer not printing’ issue. If the issue persists, then this is the time to seek support from a technical expert. Use the toll-free button provided on this page to talk to an expert now.
Printer Not Connecting to Wi-Fi? Try These Solutions
Is your printer not connecting to Wi-Fi? Yes? It’s alright. This issue is faced by many people out there. It occurs for numerous reasons. But, still, you can fix this issue and connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- Verify if your HP Smart Tank printer is placed closer to the wireless router. If not, kindly relocate the printer or wireless router.
- Ensure that you’re using a compatible network type for the setup.
- Have you already connected the printer to your computer or router using the wired connection? If so, unplug the cable and try to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- If you have started facing this issue after installing or enabling a security or firewall feature or app on your computer or router, kindly disable it and then try to connect the printer to Wi-Fi.
- Restore your printer’s network settings to default if necessary.
By following the steps above, you should be able to get your printer back up and running on Wi-Fi in no time.
Identify and resolve scanning issues quickly!
If your printer is not scanning, there are several potential causes and fixes to consider. Here are some tips and tricks to try to help you get your printer working again.
- Ensure that the original you want to scan is placed properly on the scanner glass. Also, the latest and most compatible scanner driver or app is installed on your computer.
- Verify if the scan settings are configured correctly. If not, reconfigure the scan settings.
- Are you facing this scanning issue when trying to scan an original from your Windows computer to the printer? Yes? Then, use the diagnose and fix tool for Windows, which is HP Print and Scan Doctor, to fix it.
- Open the tool and follow the on-screen instructions to reach the Finding and Fixing Problems screen. Here, click on the “Fix Scanning” button. That’s it. The tool will try to diagnose the problem and fix it.
If these tips don’t fix the problem, the printer may have a hardware issue. In that case, experts suggest repairing the printer.
An excellent all-in-one printer that is simple to set up and easy to operate is the HP Smart Tank 7301. The wireless connectivity options are vast and easy to execute. This printer is perfect for anybody searching for a dependable and affordable printing option. Thanks to its amazing features. We have covered everything from printer setup to problem-solving on this page. Call us immediately if you have any inquiries concerning the HP Smart Tank 7301 setup or problems. Our technical specialist will contact you immediately to solve your queries.