- 123.hp.com »
- Smart Tank 7602 Setup
HP Smart Tank 7602 Setup
HP Smart Tank 7602 is an all-in-one thermal inkjet printer that comes with refillable ink tanks and a magic touch panel. It offers up to 2 years of ink, mobile printing, scanning, copying, faxing, auto duplex printing, wireless connectivity, and more. This inkjet printer is ideal for small business and home printing, scanning, and faxing needs.
Most people prefer the HP Smart Tank 7602 printer for its:
- High-volume printing
- Low cost/print
- Outstanding color graphics, photos, and crisp text
- Convenient connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet
- ADF Contact Image Sensor
- Flatbed scanner
- 35-page automatic document feeder, etc.
This page shows you how to perform the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup using the HP Smart app in Windows 10. Contact our technical experts if you need real-time assistance in setting up your printer in Windows 7 or macOS.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Unboxing Setup
You can easily perform the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup process with the HP Smart app if you’re using the new version of Windows, iOS, Android, or Mac OS and the Wi-Fi connectivity option.
However, before you begin the setup process, prepare the printer for the same. The following step-by-step instructions explain the printer setup process, from unboxing to installing the printer on the Windows 10 computer.
Unpacking The Printer
Open the product box. Remove the printer from the box and unpack it.
- Open the box.
- Remove the printer-related materials from the box.
- Now, take the printer out of the box.
- Remove your HP printer from the packing bag and the Styrofoam pieces.
- Place the packed printer closer to an electrical outlet and on a neat surface.
- Now, gently remove the tapes from the outside and inside of the printer.
- Ensure that the foam liner from the scanner glass is removed properly.
- Recycle the packing materials and go to the next step of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup.
Configuring The Initial Settings
Switch on your printer and configure the initial settings.
- Connect the power cord directly from your HP Smart Tank printer’s inlet to the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Now, the printer will start its initial boot-up process.
- Configure the basic settings once the printer becomes stable by following the on-screen prompts.
- After completing the printer’s initial setup, go to the next step of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup.
Note :The Wi-Fi Setup mode is activated when you turn on your printer for the first time. This mode lasts for a maximum of two hours. During this period, avoid pressing the Wi-Fi button. Pressing the Wi-Fi button will disable the Wi-Fi Setup mode on your printer. If you have accidentally pressed the Wi-Fi button, reset the printer to re-enable the Wi-Fi Setup mode on it. Also, reset the network settings if it has been more than two hours since you have switched on your printer).
Completing The Printer Setup
Install and use the HP Smart app to complete the rest of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup.
- Initially, connect your Windows 10 computer to a stable wireless network.
- Next, ensure that your computer OS is up-to-date.
- Install the HP Smart app on your computer from the Microsoft Store or the printer’s official support page.
- After doing that, open the app to the printer setup.
- Click Get Started on the Welcome screen of the app.
- Read and agree to the Data Collection Notice & Settings and the Privacy Statement of the printer on the Data Collection Notice & Settings screen.
- Now, the Choose a printer dialog box will open.
- If your HP printer is listed, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Otherwise, click Skip followed by Add a printer.
- Now, the app will detect the HP printers that are in Setup mode and connected to the same wireless network as your Windows 10 computer.
- Once the detection process is completed, the detected printers will be displayed on the “Printers” screen.
- Locate and click on your HP printer.
- If your HP Smart Tank 7602 printer is not displayed on the opened screen, click on the Set Up a New Printer command on the same screen and perform the on-screen instructions to detect your printer.
- Once the HP Smart app detects your printer, the “Access Wi-Fi password…” screen prompting you to connect the detected printer to Wi-Fi will open.
- Click Continue and connect the printer to your wireless network by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once your printer is connected to the wireless network, the “Printer connected…” screen will open.
- Click Continue.
- Complete the rest of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup, such as loading paper, installing the print heads, filling the ink tanks, etc., by following the prompts displayed on the app screen.
- After completing the hardware setup, print a test page to check whether the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup is done correctly.
- If the printer performs the print operation successfully, the setup is done correctly.
- Otherwise, re-perform the setup process.