Install Hp Smart
SET UP YOUR HP PRINTER BY INSTALLING HP SMART
Setting up a printer for the first time is no longer a difficult task to perform. Even if you don’t have any experience in setting up a printer in the past, you can perform it easily and quickly using this setup guide.In this step-by-step guide, we will take you through setting up your HP printer using the HP Smart app.
Preparing the printer
Prepare the printer for the setup. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Remove all the packing tapes, cardboard pieces, and other packing materials from inside and outside the printer.
- Now, connect your unpacked HP printer to an active power outlet.
- Ensure that the cord is connected directly to the printer’s inlet and the electrical outlet. (Note: Avoid using a surge protector).
- Some HP printer models turn on automatically when they are connected to the electrical outlet.
- If your printer doesn’t turn on automatically, locate the ON/OFF or Power button on its control panel and press it.
- The printer might take 1 or 2 minutes to complete its initial boot-up process when you turn it on for the first time.
- So, wait patiently for the printer to become stable and then go to the next step of the setup process.
Downloading the HP Smart app
Installing the HP Smart app
Before setting up your HP printer using HP Smart, ensure that:
- Your computer is not connected to any VPN service.
- The security software or firewall setting is disabled temporarily on your computer or network.
- The HP printer is turned on and is in setup mode.
- The computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
For Windows 10/11
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Click Get Started.
- Accept the terms & conditions of the printer.
- Select your printer if it is displayed on the Choose a printer screen. If not, click the Skip button.
- Connect your printer to the network by following the on-screen prompts or manually if necessary. (Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in connecting your HP printer to a wireless network).
- After doing that, the HP Smart app screen with the Add a printer option will open; click on it.
- Now, the app looks for the printers that are connected to the same network to which your computer is connected and displays their names in the Printers window.
- Select your printer in the Printers window. If your printer is listed, click the Set Up a New Printer command in the same window.
- Install your HP printer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once it is done, a window prompting you to load paper and install the ink cartridges will open.
- Perform the instructions to set up your HP printer.
*Note: Refer to the instructions given under “Loading paper and installing cartridges” on this page if necessary.
- Open the app.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to install the app.
- After installing the app, open it and click the Get Started button on the Welcome screen.
- Now, the app looks for the HP printer in setup mode and displays its name on the “We found your printer!” screen.
- Click Continue if your printer is selected correctly.
- Otherwise, click the Change printer command.
- Connect your printer and the computer to the same network.
- Once it is done, a screen instructing you to load paper and install the ink cartridges opens.
- After completing them, the “Setup is almost finished!” screen will open with the procedure to install the printer driver on your Mac computer.
- Install the printer driver by referring to the instructions displayed on the screen.
*Note: Scroll down this page to know the instructions to load paper and install the ink cartridges on your printer.
Loading paper and installing cartridges
When the HP Smart app prompts you to load paper and install the ink cartridges on your printer, perform the following instructions.
- Open the ink access door.
- Unpack and install the ink cartridges into their slots.
- Close the ink access door.
- Open the paper tray.
- Align and load a stack of the recommended paper type into the tray.
- Adjust the guides and close the tray.
- Align the printer if prompted on the printer screen.
Printing a document or photo (Windows 10)
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Ensure that your printer model is selected correctly.
- Click on the Print Documents or Print Photos tab.
- Choose the document or photo you want to print.
- Configure the print settings and click Print.
Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in setting up your HP printer using the HP Smart app.