123.hp.com/OJPro8740 Setup and Install Guidelines
Do you want to set up your new 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer? Setting up the printer includes installing the cartridges, loading the paper tray and downloading the HP All-in-One remote app that allows your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to connect to the Wi-Fi. Take out the printer from the box, then form the power connections and then turn on the printer. Go through the prompts given below for a detailed procedure.
123.hp.com/ojpro8740 Unboxing and Setup
- When you open the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer box, you may see the ink cartridges, the power cable, phone cord and two CDs.
- The first one is the driver installation CD. The other CD is the Readiris Pro 14. There may also be a user guide.
- There are two pieces. One is the base and the other is the main unit-printer. Carefully place the printer on the base until it locks into position.
- Discard the unwanted tapes from all sides of the printer. The printer may also have an additional tray for storage.
- Plug in the power cord as per the instructions in the manual and then turn on the printer. Set the preferences, then install the 123 HP OJPro 8740 cartridges and then load papers into the tray.
Latest 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver and Manual Download
123 HP Setup 8740 Windows
- You can find the link below to download the 123 hp Officejet Pro8740 driver.
- To access the driver, go to the downloads folder on your system and then install it by following the on-screen prompts.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Installation
123 HP Setup 8740 Windows
- Insert the software installation disc that came with your printer into the disc drive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software if the installation starts automatically.
- Open the disc contents from File Explorer and then open the Setup file if the installation window does not display.
- Now, search Windows for computer, then press Enter and then double-click the CD drive.
- Now, double-click the Setup file. Make sure that you follow the on-screen instructions to install the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer software.
123 HP Setup 8740 Mac
- Using Apple Software Update on your Mac, install the best available HP print driver and software.
- Power on the printer and check if it is connected to the PC either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.
- Create a new print queue on your Mac. Select the Apple menu –> System Preferences –> Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Now, check if your printer model displays in the list. Remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and to make sure that you use the correct driver if your printer is listed. Click Download and Install to complete the installation if you are prompted to install the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 software.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
Do you want to connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro 8740 printer to a Windows or Mac PC on a wireless network? Follow the instructions given below.
123 HP Setup 8740 Windows
- Check if you have downloaded the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 software. If not, go to our website, type your printer model and then click begin.
- Wait till the software downloads and if prompted, click the Run button and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Accept the terms and then if you receive a prompt to connect to your Wi-Fi network, click the Continue option.
- Wait for a few minutes, then you may be prompted to select the advanced software to install. Select customize software selections, then uncheck the options that display. Click Next to accept the terms. It may search for the printer on the network. Check if your printer is listed and then click next. Enter your postal code and check if the setup completes.
123 HP Setup 8740 Mac
- Go to our website, then type HP Officejet Pro 8740 and then click begin. Select Download and wait for the software to download.
- Double-click the software to open it and then select HP Easy Start icon to run the software.
- Once the software opens, click setup my 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer, then accept the terms and then select continue.
- Make sure that the printer is on and check if there are cartridge and paper in the printer. Check if your printer is highlighted in blue and then click continue.
- Now, click the join button to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network, then click allow. Enter the password when prompted.
HP Printer Provide Solution for officejet pro 8740?
123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 How to Print Photos (Windows)
- Pull out the tray to check if it has papers in it. You may observe markings that show how far you can insert the paper into the tray. If necessary, refer the user manual that came with your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer to check how to load paper and also if the paper is within the specifications.
- Insert the tray back into the printer. Now, select the photo you want to print and modify the necessary settings.
- On clicking Open with, select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint and then choose the Print or File or menu icon.
- Now, go to Options, then select Printer Properties –> Preferences –> OK and then click Print option to print the documents or photos.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 How to Scan (Windows)
- Use HP Scan to scan documents and photos from your HP printer to Windows. Lift the scanner lid. Now, mount the document or photo you want to scan print side down on the scanner glass. Check guides or markings on the scanner bed for proper placement and then close the scanner lid.
- If the printer has an ADF, load a multi-page document into it. Select Start, then type your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer model and then select it from the results to open HP Printer Assistant.
- Click the tab for Print & Scan or Print, Scan & Fax based on your printer model. Now, select Scan and then click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the Scan Shortcut for the task you are performing. Alter any desired settings in the drop-down menu, then click Save and then select the folder where you want to save the scan.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows)
- Load the input tray with enough paper to complete the print job without exceeding the maximum capacity.
- Open the document to print on your computer. Now, press Ctrl + P on your keyboard or click File, Print to open the system Print dialog box.
- Now, select printer model from the list of choices and then click Printer Properties, Preferences or 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 Printer Setup.
- Select the Printing Shortcut tab or if the tab is not available, click the Layout, Features or Finishing tab. Click either Two-sided Printing or Print on Both Sides. Now, choose your desired binding or page flip option.
- Select OK and then click Print. Do not remove the stack until all pages print. Insert the paper to print on the other side of the page.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 How to Check Ink or Toner Levels
- Ensure that you check the estimated 123 HP OJPro 8740 ink or toner level for your printer to let you know if you need to replace the cartridge or not.
- To check the ink level on your printer, use the HP Solution Center software if you have a Windows system.
- To check the ink level of the cartridge on your Mac system, use Supply levels.
- Make sure that you replace the cartridge with a new one if you notice that the cartridge is empty or low on ink.
- Use a genuine HP cartridge. Remove the old cartridge and then place the new one in its slot. If you have any queries about 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer ink levels queries, contact us.