Replace Ink Cartridge
Replace Ink Cartridge HP Envy 5640 Printer
To replace ink cartridge HP Envy 5640, go through the steps given here. If your printer has defective ink cartridges installed, or they are low or empty on ink, then you need to replace the ink cartridge.
Change Ink Cartridge HP Envy 5640
- The need to change ink cartridge HP Envy 5640 arises when the ink cartridge becomes low or empty.
- Make sure that you replace the old cartridges with new genuine ink cartridges that are bought directly from the manufacturer.
- Before replace ink cartridge HP Envy 5640, you should load paper in the main input tray.
- Keep the stack of paper inside the input tray until the stack stops. Gently push in the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Move the paper tray inside until it locks into place. Power on your printer and open the access door of the ink cartridge.
- Press on the ink cartridge that is low or empty to release it and take it out of the slot. Open the new ink cartridge and touch only the black plastic on it.
- Pull the orange label present on the cartridge to remove the protective tape. Slide the ink cartridge at an upward angle into the empty slot.
- Gently press on the ink cartridge until it fixes into place. Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Do these steps to replace ink cartridge HP Envy 5640 also. Close the access door of the cartridge. Tap OK.
- Wait while the printer calibrates and aligns the ink cartridges. Once the alignment is done, you will get a print of an alignment page. Tap OK and discard or recycle the alignment page.
What Ink Does HP Envy 5640 Use
To know what ink does HP Envy 5640 use, read the information here. The HP Envy 5640 use HP 62 Black for printing in black ink. If you want to print your documents in color, use the HP 62 Tri-color cartridge. Make sure that you use genuine ink cartridges. Using third-party cartridges give poor quality documents and the manufacturer does not take the guarantee of it and also find solution for replace ink cartridge HP Envy 5640.
HP Envy 5640 Ink Cartridge Problem
- There can be many reasons behind the HP Envy 5640 ink cartridge problem.
- You can see error messages like Cartridges missing and Ink Cartridges Problem when there is a problem with the cartridge installed.
- Check if the cartridges installed are compatible with the printer or not. Do not use fake ink cartridges for printing.
- Remove the cartridges, check its condition, and reinstall it.
- Turn your printer on by pressing the Power button if it is off.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and then gently push down on one of the ink cartridges to free it. Now, take the ink cartridge out of its slot.
- Remove any present tapes on the cartridges. Reinsert the ink cartridges by sliding it at an upward angle and push the cartridge in.
- Reinstall the ink cartridge into their slots. Redo these steps to remove, check, and install the cartridges again.
- Close the access door of the cartridge. See that the door is completely closed and there are no messages on the screen.
- Clean the electrical contacts to remove any deposited dust, dirt, debris, etc. or replace ink cartridge HP Envy 5640.