- 123.hp.com »
- HP Smart App Setup in Windows 10
Guide: Setup Printer Using HP Smart App in Windows 10
Are you looking to set up your HP printer on Windows 10? If yes, use this article to perform the same easily and quickly. HP never fails to impress its customers because it always comes up with innovative ideas to help its customers handle printer and printer-related operations quickly and effortlessly. The HP Smart app is a cool application from HP designed for remote printing, scanning, and copying needs It also helps you to set up the printer on your PC, laptop, and hand-held devices. There is no doubt that the printer setup is made quite easier with this application. Interestingly, the HP Smart app works with the latest Windows, Mac, and most Android & iOS versions. Here, we have shown you step-by-step instructions on how to set up your HP printer using the HP Smart app on Windows 10.
Setting Up the HP Printer Using the HP Smart App on Windows 10 – Complete Guide With Pictures
First Things First
Ensure Your Printer Is In Auto Wireless Setup Mode Or Connected To a Wireless Network
- You can set up the HP printer using the HP Smart app on Windows 10 in no time. However, before beginning the setup, check whether your printer is in Auto Wireless Setup (AWS) mode or connected to the network.
- Because the app will automatically detect and set up the printer that is in AWS mode and connected to the network. This mode gets activated when you first turn on your printer, and it lasts only for two hours from when you switch on the machine.
- Restore the printer’s network settings to default if you want to re-enable this AWS mode.
- Moreover, you can also connect your HP printer to your network and use the HP Smart to set it up on your Windows 10 computer.
- If you’re looking to use the USB connection, check whether the printer is connected to your computer via USB. If yes, disconnect the cable and remove your printer from the Printers list on your computer.
- Run the app and connect the printer to your computer when prompted. Continue reading this page to learn more about the same.
Removing The Printer From The Printers List
- Open Printers & Scanners. Locate your HP printer and click on it.
- Ensure that your printer name is listed correctly on the opened screen.
- Click on the Remove button followed by Yes.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer if prompted.
Updating The Os
- Before starting the printer setup using the HP Smart app, check if your Windows 10 OS is up-to-date.
- If not, update it, and begin the setup. This will help you avoid many printer-related problems during and after the setup.
Setting Up The HP Printer Using The Hp Smart App
- Launch the HP Smart app. Go to the HP support page and enter your printer name in the given field if you haven’t installed the app on your computer.
- Click the button below to install the HP Smart app from this page.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen. As mentioned earlier, the app will automatically detect and install the printer on your computer.
- Click Add a printer if it fails to detect your printer. Perform the on-screen instructions to set up the printer using the HP Smart app on Windows 10.
- For a USB connection, connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable when prompted.
- You can activate HP+ on your printer if the machine supports this feature.
- Once the printer is installed on your computer, the Activate HP+ screen will automatically open on the app screen.
- Click Continue to activate HP+ on your printer.
Congratulations! You have set up the HP printer using the HP Smart App on Windows 10.
This is how you can set up your HP printer using the HP Smart app on Windows 10. Contact us if you want to learn more about setting up the printer using the HP Smart app on Mac and hand-held devices.