- 123.hp.com »
- Unable to Open EWS on HP
Unable to Open Embedded Web Server on HP
Are you unable to open your HP printer’s EWS page? Or, Are you encountering an issue when trying to access the HP printer’s EWS page? If yes, this article is for you. Read this article completely to learn the possible ways to resolve this problem. The HP printer’s EWS page acts as the homepage of the printer. You can access and modify the printer settings, improve the printer’s performance, update the printer firmware, and more from this page. The printer’s EWS page is easy to access. All you need is a computer connected to a stable Internet connection and the printer’s IP address. However, many people have reported that they were unable to open the Embedded Web Server page of their HP printers. So, we did research on the printer problem and have come up with this article that will not only let you know the root cause of the problem but also get to know the effective fixes to resolve it. So, let’s get started!
Unable To Open Your HP Printer’s Embedded Web Server- Three Simple Workarounds To Try
Generally, you will not be able to access the page using a web browser when:
- Your computer is in offline or not connected to a stable Internet connection.
- The entered URL address is wrong or invalid.
- Your devices (HP printer and computer (that you’re using)) are not on the same network.
Moreover, the EWS page will not open if:
- The printer’s IP address is entered wrongly.
- There is a problem with your printer’s IP address.
- You’re using an incompatible web browser.
Keeping in mind these factors, let’s see how to resolve this HP printer problem.
Connecting the Device To A Stable Connection
- Check if your HP printer and Mac or Windows computer (on which you have installed the printer) are connected to the same network. If not, make sure to connect them to the same network.
- Ensure that your HP printer is connected directly to your computer using the USB cable.
- Similarly, ensure that you are not using a network hub to connect your printer to your network.
Using The Right/compatible Web Browser
- Using the right web browser is also important to access the EWS page smoothly. So, check if your browser meets the minimum system requirements of the printer.
Ping The Printer Using The Ip Address
- Gather your printer’s IP address. To do so, open Setup > Report > Network Configuration Report.
- Now, the printer will print a sheet with its IP address.
- Open the Devices and Printers screen if you’re using Windows. Locate your printer and open its Context menu. Click on Properties.
- The printer’s IP address will be displayed below the Troubleshooting Information section. Note it down.
- Open Command Prompt. Type ping printer’s IP address> and tap Enter.
- Open Network Utility. Go to Ping and type the printer’s IP address in the given field. Click Ping.
Did the information provided on this page help you in resolving the printer’s EWS problem? If not, click the Call button below for real-time assistance from technical experts.