HP Wireless Setup
Connecting your HP Wireless Printer Setup
For the HP wireless printer setup, you need to first, install the driver and software from 123.hp.com/setup
- Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the information regarding network password and network name, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Ensure the computer and the printer, are connected to the same wireless network.
- Now to set up your printer on a wireless connection, click the “wireless icon” on the printer control panel. Then click “Settings”, and then click “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- And then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Installing Printer Software
Complete the HP Wireless Printer Setup network connection setup through the software and driver installation. While installing the driver and software, if prompted during the installation, select “wireless” as the connection type. Do the following steps, to install the printer software.
- You can easily download the latest software and driver for your printer from our website 123hp.com/setup
- Choose the “Download” option, and then choose “Open”, “Save”, or “Run” option in any windows that display to download the driver to your computer.
- Double-click the driver file in the “Downloads” folder or “browser downloads bar” on the computer to install the driver installation.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the connection setup and also follow the on-screen HP Wireless Printer Setup instructions to finish the driver installation.
- Return to the starting page in your browser to finish the printer registration and activation.
HP Auto Wireless Connect
HP Auto Wireless Connect is a technology that enables you to connect your printer to your wireless network automatically without any cable or network setting. Install the software for your printer and follow the onscreen instructions to use this option. To make your computer compatible with HP Auto Wireless Connect, it should meet the requirements,
- Your computer should use Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.5. It should use a wireless connection to your network and the operating system must be in control of the HP Wireless Printer Setup adapter.
- Your computer must not use a static IP address. Your printer must be in HP Auto Wireless Connect mode.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
WPS has two modes, “push button” and “pin method” to connect devices together over a wireless connection. Conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode are,
- Both your wireless router and printer must support WPS pushbutton mode.
- The wireless router should have a physical WPS pushbutton available.
- Your network must use WPA2 or WPA security.
To connect your wireless printer to your HP Wireless Printer Setup router using WPS:
Select the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer and for instructions on starting WPS on your printer, refer your printer’s manual.
Then press the WPS button on your router.
Wireless Setup Wizard
You can find the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer’s control panel.
- Ensure you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
- On the printer’s control panel, go to the “Network” menu or select the wireless icon and then go to settings. Click “Wireless Setup Wizard”. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks.
- Click your wireless network’s name from the list and if it not there, you can type your HP Wireless Printer Setup network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list.
- Now, type your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You should type the key or passphrase exactly.
USB Setup of Wireless
During the printer software installation, the printers without a touch display can use this HP Wireless Printer Setup method. During this process, you will temporarily connect a USB cable to the printer and the computer. It’s important that you connect and disconnect the USB cable only if the software prompts to, as it will guide you through configuring your printer’s wireless connection.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you are prompted for Connection Type.
- Select either “Through the Network”, “Network”, or “Wireless” when prompted. In some cases, the software can automatically find your wireless settings.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish installing the software for your printer.
What is HP Wireless Direct and Wi-Fi Direct?
HP Wi-Fi Direct and HP wireless direct are the two features that allow your Wi-Fi capable devices to make a wireless network connection directly to your printer without using an access point or wireless router.
- As you connect to your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct signal, in the same way, you connect your Wi-Fi capable device to a hotspot or new HP Wireless Printer Setup network.
- A printer software or print application should be installed in order to use the printer over the HP wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct connection.
- Wi-Fi Direct connection to the printer may enable your mobile device to maintain a simultaneous Wi-Fi connection to the internet.
How To Connect To Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct
Perform the following steps to connect your computer or mobile device:
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct from the printer’s control panel.
- On your computer or mobile device, make sure the Wi-Fi radio is on and then connect to Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct the same way you would do for any other wireless network.
- If you have turned HP wireless direct on with security, then provide the WPA2 password when prompted by your computer or mobile device. If you haven’t finished yet, install the printer software for your computer and select “Wireless” for the HP Wireless Printer Setup connectivity option from the printer software UI.